maanantaina, huhtikuuta 26, 2010

I'm not mad

Lainapäivä taas, monessakin mielessä.Pahoittelen ajatusteni köyhyyttä, mutta välillä on niin hauska lainata muita poikkeuksellisia...?


Drawing is the honesty of the art. There is no possibility of cheating. It is either good or bad.
Have no fear of perfection-you’ll never reach it. Mistakes are almost always of a sacred nature. Never try to correct them. On the contrary: rationalize them, understand them thoroughly. After that, it will be possible for you to sublimate them.


The first man to compare the cheeks of a young woman to a rose was obviously a poet; the first to repeat it was possibly an idiot.

The difference between false memories and true ones is the same as for jewels: it is always the false ones that look the most real, the most brilliant. At the age of six years I wanted to be a chef. At the age of seven I wanted to be Napoleon. My ambitions have continued to grow at the same rate ever since. Every morning when I awake, the greatest of joys is mine: that of being Salvador Dali. There are some days when I think I’m going to die from an overdose of satisfaction.

I do not paint a portrait to look like the subject, rather does the person grow to look like his portrait. Many people do not reach their eighties because they spend too much time in their forties.

The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad.

by Salvador Dali

Ei kommentteja: